What is EDM?
EDM stands for Electronic Direct Mail. It is a form of direct marketing that uses electronic mail to send commercial messages to an audience. EDM as a marketing tool has been proven over the years and is an effective way to reach out to customers and prospects and build your brand.
EDM vs Email marketing
- Email marketing is the process of sending emails to potential customers or existing customers. It’s a strategy that increases awareness about your products or services and also generates leads and sales. Emails are an easy way to reach out to people who have subscribed to themselves on your website or landing pages by filling in their email addresses.
- EDM marketing is much more complex than just sending emails. At its core, it’s a multi-channel marketing strategy that includes re-targeting (search), PPC advertising, offline advertising (print), social media advertising, and other marketing strategies.
The growth of EDM marketing
Although traditional marketing tactics still have their place, EDM marketing is a powerful tool that can help achieve goals.
- In the past, EDM was regarded as an annoying process that customers had to endure. But now it’s considered a way for brands to offer “value” as discounts and deals.
- The platforms used for EDM have become more sophisticated and targeted. They allow brands to tailor messages based on customer data and behaviors.
- The rise of social media has brought with it opportunities for brands to communicate directly with audiences without spamming them with emails all day long.
How to achieve your marketing goals with an effective E.D.M strategy?
The first step to creating an effective EDM marketing strategy is to define your marketing goals. Is it to increase sales or subscriptions?
Next, you will need to analyze your current situation in order to identify opportunities and overcome challenges. How have you performed so far? Are there any weaknesses that can be improved upon? What are your competitors doing that works well?
Make sure your website is ready for traffic by adding relevant content, such as landing pages for subscribers and blog posts about new products or services. Then create an EDM template with interchangeable content blocks so that each email can be tailored toward its intended audience. Finally, set up automated responses based on user behavior.
Best practices to improve your E.D.M campaign results
- Make sure there’s a clear call-to-action in each email that tells your readers exactly what you want them to do
- Use a great subject line so that people will actually open the email – don’t make it too long! Also, avoid words like ‘free’ because these can trigger spam filters and get caught up there instead of reaching their destination!
- Don’t send emails out at night or on weekends; they’re less likely to be opened during these times because people aren’t working!
- And finally, don’t forget about mobile devices when designing your emails – make sure it looks good no matter where someone opens up their mail client.
To draft a successful Electronic Direct Mail campaign, which in turn can help you grow your business.