Most of you have an idea of IoT (Internet of things), sometimes it’s hard to believe how can a physical device act and perform like a human brain, how can a device is so automated that it can sense the presence and act accordingly, isn’t it? Though this sounds unbelievable, the intensified technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, human Augmentation, RPA made it possible to believe. The IoT (Internet of Things) is also the protagonist behind such a miraculous technology behind the scenes. IoT has the power to convert inarticulate devices into smarter ones by giving them the potential to send data over the internet, enduring the device to communicate with individuals and other IoT-enabled things.
Several IoT-based devices are flourishing in the market be it IoT-based soil moisture sensors or thermostats or doorbells or smoke detectors or security alarms and what not to tell. The smart home is also a good instance of IoT on fire. The Internet of Things plays a vital role in making human life comfortable and convenient.
IoT you need to know about.
The postulation of adding sensors and intelligence to physical devices was first talked about in the 1980s later on the result is in front of you. Let’s see what is IoT is and how does it the work-basic idea of IoT is nothing but to convert a simple hardware device into a smarter one. IoT is a system of associated computing devices with a unique identifier and has the potential to convey information or data over a network without any interactivity. These devices are coupled with respective embedded systems which mainly consist of sensors and processors used to collect or send the data from or to the devices. Collected data is sent or received by the IoT devices is then accumulated at the edge computing devices and either sent to the cloud or analyzed nearly.
Importance of IoT
No alt text provided for this image
Internet of Things has much more potential to make human life and business processes seamless. This has changed the way humans used to leave their life and business operations. It has made things smarter and taken the control of them. It allows businesses to save on cost with the increased rate of productivity as the task are being performed systematically. In addition to this improved service delivery, effective manufacturing, and timely delivery of goods helps to establish good relations within the company and customers which tends towards long time business profit.
Benefits of the IoT (Internet of Things)
- It has made everyone’s life convenient and comfortable will see what area’s this technology hits.
- Security monitors and alarms control via mobile at home and business places gives anti-theft protection.
- Gives access to monitor information even though we are far from the reallocation.
- Personal assistant at laptop and mobile to remind your daily task and important schedules.
- Made it cost-effective and efficient to track, inventory, billing delivering, and manage certain tasks and products.
Drawbacks of IoT
As each coin has two sides, every technology is system has so. No matter how the good side of technology is, there are still some drawbacks that we cannot deny let’s see what are they-
- With the digitization of things and the elevated use of the internet, these hackers find a loop and try to steal your personal and sensitive information.
- Since the whole system is relay on the internet, it is powerless without it.
- The risk of unemployment is there.